It’s nice stayin’ put sometimes.
- we camped out at a little state park.
- made wishes on stars and roasted marshmallows.
- thumbed through a thick book while locusts buzzed above.
- slept in our new “sweetie pie doubler”.
- wore socks and sandals without shame around the morning campfire.
- went on a hike and breathed in a waterfall. my nose was never happier.
- found a FREE mid-century style vinyl chair on the side of the road. it’s ripped, but I will have it recovered. Ryan rolled his eyes only once, so the pick-up was a success.
- shared a burger and malt at our local dairyette.
- walked around the city cemetery to look at old tombstones and noticed many wives from the late 19th century without death dates listed. wondered aloud if maybe they are still walking around town? discussed whether people might think I’m one of them.
- received a fun letter from my mom and belly-flopped onto the couch to read it.
- made stove-top popcorn.
- turned up the a/c and buried myself under a blanket to watch a pre-20th century period piece (genre according to netflix).
- updated my blog
And you know what. We’re not even into Sunday.