1. Slept in until 9am, despite wanting to hit up some garage sales.
2. Made bacon & eggs
3. Finally found a recycling center and cleared out half our pantry. Bought a Brita instead of drinking from plastic bottles due to distance of recycling center.
4. Loaded up on groceries. I’ve finally learned the art of buying for two. I used to buy as if I had three hungry teenagers waiting for me at home. However, there’s nothing like the feeling of opening the door to a full fridge.
5. R made chili with fritos for lunch. Because I have T minus 60 days before I will be in a swimsuit, I actually counted out one serving: 32 chips.
6. Cut up a chicken and found the wishbone. R’s end was the longest. Spent the rest of the day wondering if his wish had been fulfilled.
7. Found a honey pot made of green glass on ebay. Garage sales can wait until spring now.
8. R and I read our respective books until we both fell asleep for an hour long nap.
9. Drove to Blockbuster in a toasty warm car.
10. Runaway Train came on the radio and I sang.
11. Baked butter cookies because it’s the one dessert R will continually eat throughout the week. You saw how the brownie went down… undercover sniper attacks on the kitchen late at night with my glass of milk. I justified it by telling myself it’s the only way I’ll get my calcium in. I think R had two bites of of the whole pan.
12. Layered on blankets and watched the movie while sipping on cinnamon tea. Perfect nightcap for a cold, cold, very good day.
I love it. We’re using a folding table as an entertainment center and a cheapo plastic bathroom shelf thingy as an end table. All our good stuff has either been sold or is in storage.-Bruce
awe, you two are cute. amy